The OB Division is run by the Executive Committee
: individuals are elected into five year tracks, with a different role each year in this order: Symposia Chair, Program Chair, Chair-elect, Chair, Past Chair.
The Executive Committee of the Division holds two regularly-scheduled meetings each year, one of which is held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Academy of Management. The second meeting is typically held during the winter months at a location chosen by the Chair of the division. Interim meetings are called as needed via conference calls.
Below is a brief summary of the role and duties of Division officers. Division Chair Track
Officers elected to the position of Division Chair serve a five-year term. They serve one year as Program Chair-Elect. They automatically succeed to the office of Program Chair, Division Chair-Elect, Division Chair, and Past Division Chair. Program Chair-elect
The Program Chair-elect handles symposia for AOM (typically over 150 submissions) and oversees OB Division field awards.Current Program Chair-elect (2021-2022) - Brad KirkmanProgram Chair
The Program Chair is responsible for the development and coordination of the OB Division’s program at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management.Current Program Chair (2021-2022) - Elizabeth GeorgeChair-elect
The Chair-Elect records minutes for all meetings and oversees OB Division conference awards.Current Chair-elect (2021-2022) - Rebecca BennettChair
The Chair oversees division activities, manages the election, and coordinates with OB Division sponsors.Current Chair (2021-2022) - Ron PiccoloPast Chair
The Past Chair provides council to the Executive Committee and takes on special assignments as requested by the Division Chair. The Past Division Chair may act as liaison to one or more of the Division’s standing committees. The Past Division Chair also organizes and chairs the Lifetime Achievement Award and Cummings Scholar Award committees.Current Past Chair (2021-2022) - Daan van Knippenberg
Representatives at Large:
There are currently eight Representatives at Large on the OB Division Executive Committee. Representatives at Large work on arranging Professional Development consortia and workshops, the Division’s social hour, and other tasks as assigned by the Division Chair. To ensure overlap and continuity of expertise, three new Representatives-at-Large are elected yearly.
The current Representatives at Large are as follows:
- Professional Development Workshops Chair : Oscar Holmes IV
- Awards Chair : Shimul Melwani
- Co-Chair Doctorate Consortium : Payal Sharma
- Co-Chair Doctorate Consortium : Celia Moore
- Co-Chair Junior Faculty Consortium : David Wagner
- Co-Chair Junior Faculty Consortium : Sharon Hill
- Strategic Initiatives Representative (A) : Beth Campbell
- Strategic Initiatives Representative (B) : Raina Brands
- Strategic Initiatives Representative (C) : Cecily Cooper
Non-elected Ongoing Positions
The Executive Committee also appoints non-voting members into additional roles as needed. Currently, the Executive Committee includes seven appointed members.
Below is a brief description of the responsibilities for each appointed role:
- The COO is responsible for coordination among all of the various officers and volunteers that support the OB Division. The COO also manages all of the OB Division documentation, including meeting minutes and other archival data.
- The current COO is Alexandra Gerbasi
- Communications Officer:
- The Communications Officer manages all of the communication from the OB Division's Executive Committee to the OB Division. Members can communicate to other members through the LISTSERVE (see below). The Communications Officer does not handle member to member communication.
- The current Communications Officers are Michael Johnson & Wladislaw Rivkin
- Event Planner:
- The Event Planner handles audio-visual needs, rooms requirements, and catering for AOM events.
- The current Event Planner is Laura Erskine
- Listserv Moderator:
- The Listserv Moderator manages and moderates the OB Division e-mail discussion list (Listserv).
- Program Developer Manager:
- The Program Developer Manager assists the Program Chair and Program Chair-Elect with development of the program for the annual meeting, including coordination and input of relevant data into the “Program Developer” tool used by AOM.
- The current Program Developer Manager is Jessica Methot
- Chief Technology Officer:
- The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for coordinating all of the electronic communications (e.g., Connect@AOM community site, social media) that help OB Division members stay connected. The CTO is also responsible for coordinating the work of web content subcommittees.
- The CTO responsibilities are being handled by Michael Johnson & Wladislaw Rivkin
- The Treasurer manages the budget and finances, keeps institutional knowledge about the division, and manages blue OB t-shirts and award plaques for AOM.
- The current Treasurer is Bret Bradley