Skip to content
- The consortium will begin on Friday afternoon (likely 4-7pm) and will continue throughout the day on Saturday (8am-5pm) – participants must attend both days.
- The program includes a mix of presentations, panel discussions, and interactive sessions designed to launch doctoral students into their academic careers. Faculty presentations and roundtable sessions include topics such as crafting the right academic job, succeeding at research and publishing, preparing for effective teaching, and an ethics workshop, as well as other related topics.
- A nomination submitted by the program/department. Only 1 application per program will be accepted (e.g., 1 from management, 1 from industrial relations, and/or 1 from I/O Psychology).
- Endorsement by your academic advisor.
- Preference is given to those who have made the most progress toward completing their Ph.D., but have not yet defended their dissertation. The consortium is for advanced OB students who plan to apply for faculty positions that begin in the following Fall.
- The deadline for receipt of nominations and supporting materials will be in early March. You need:
- A one page vita/bio in PDF format (longer documents may be rejected)
- A one page dissertation summary in PDF format (title and abstract is fine)
- Endorsement of your advisor/program chair.
- Friday afternoon will include an hour of student introductions.
- There will be at least 3 roundtable sessions where you will have a chance to discuss presentation topics with a professor and several fellow students.
- Arrive early (8am) on Saturday for continental breakfast. Lunch will also be served. Stay nourished!
- Although the job market can be stressful, try to relax, have fun, and get to know your colleagues.