The Organizational Behavior (OB) Division is soliciting nominations for up to FOUR student representatives to begin a term in June, 2018. These are new positions this year that will be for a minimum of two years.
Student representatives are non-voting members of the OB Division Executive Committee (EC). The intent of having student representatives is to involve students in supporting OB Division activities and to represent student interests to the EC.
Specifically, the types of activities expected of the student representatives are as follows:
- Assist the PDW Chairperson with support of the PDW program both before and during the pre-program annual Academy meeting. Students will be helped financially to allow them to attend the meeting for the additional days.
- Promote the OB Division during the PDW program.
- Assist the PDW coordinators with all components of the PDW presentations. Two students must be available Friday and Saturday of the AOM Conference
- Assist with the OB Doctoral consortium and Junior Faculty Workshop as needed by the coordinators. 1 student must be available Friday and Saturday of the AOM conference.
- Attend the OB reception at AOM meeting as well as a meeting of student reps run by an EC member at the AOM meeting.
- Help Program Chair as needed (e.g., with check-in of papers and symposia).
- Seek input from OB student members and represent student interests to the OB EC.
- Gather input from student members about issues of interest.
- Create and manage outreach efforts to student members of the Academy.
- Promote the OB Division to students to increase membership.
- Begin a new initiative to check OB information on Wikipedia for accuracy and completeness.
The selection guidelines for student representatives are as follows:
- The individual must have completed a minimum of 1 year of doctoral studies.
- The individual must NOT be graduating in the following year.
- The person serves a minimum of 2 years, and a maximum of 3 years.
- The OB Division has the desire to not have more than one student from a single university, and also to represent the broad interests of the division. We thus specifically seek students from a diversity of schools, from around the world.
- All students will report to a selected member of the Executive Committee for coordination of their activities and assignments.
The selection process is as follows:
- Nominations are welcome from any OB Division member, including student members.
- Self-nominations are acceptable.
Nominations need to include:
- A vita and one-page letter from the student outlining qualifications for and reason for interest in the position.
- Statement that student will be attending the AOM meeting in August 2018 and August 2019 and will be available to attend the pre-conference activities.
- Nomination should include or be accompanied by a recommendation from a faculty member describing the student’s qualification for the position.
Student representatives will be selected by the voting members of the OB Division executive committee and notified of their selection by June 1, 2018.
Because student representatives are expected to be available for the AOM conference, and particularly for the entire time of the PDW sessions, the position has a $650 stipend to assist with these expenses.
Please send nominations to Jennifer Nahrgang email@example.com). Nominations and materials are due by April 30, 2018.
Thank you for your membership and support of the OB Division.
Jennifer D. Nahrgang
Associate Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship
W.P. Carey School of Business
Arizona State University
OB Executive Committee Member