Academy of Management
August 5-6, 2016
The 2016 OB Junior Faculty Workshop will be held on August 5th (5:00pm – 9:00pm) and August 6th (8:00am – 4:00pm) as part of the pre-conference program at the AOM meeting in Anaheim, CA.
The workshop will include engaging panel and small group research discussions with a diverse and accomplished group of invited Faculty Fellows.
Panel discussions will include advice on how to conduct high-impact research, have impact as a teacher and mentor, balance work and personal life, and thrive in the tenure process. Table discussions will provide a unique opportunity to gain feedback on your own research with some of our field’s leading scholars.
The Faculty Fellows for this workshop are:
- John Antonakis, University of Lausanne
- Sue Ashford, University of Michigan
- Talya Bauer, Portland State University
- Deanne den Hartog , University of Amsterdam
- Robin Ely, Harvard University
- Dave Hofmann, University of North Carolina
- Elaine Hollensbe, University of Cincinnati
- Ronit Kark, Bar-Ilan University
- Keith Murnighan, Northwestern University
- Phil Podsakoff, University of Florida
We will also hold small group discussions with editors of top management journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Leadership Quarterly, Organization Science, Group & Organization Management, Academy of Learning and Education, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Personnel Psychology, and the European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
Sample comments from the 2015 workshop included:
- “Meeting with journal editors was a fabulous opportunity”
- “Matching with faculty mentors in small group setting was so interesting and helpful”; “I got some great feedback ideas to develop my research”
- “This workshop was extremely helpful to me and I would recommend it to any junior OB or IO faculty. It was great to meet all of the other workshop participants and the faculty speakers/mentors had so many wonderful pieces of advice to give us.”
There are four criteria to be eligible to participate in this workshop:
- Be a member of the Organizational Behavior Division of the Academy as of May 2016
- Have completed at least one (1) year in a faculty position
- Have completed a Ph.D. in the last five years (since 2011)
- Register for the conference
- Contact information (name, phone, email, address and any special dietary requirements)
- A current curriculum vitae
- A 2-3 page (double-spaced) summary of a working paper or project in progress. This document will be shared with your Faculty Fellows and other participants.
- Two topics/areas of interest. We will use these topic areas to match you with a Faculty Fellow. One of the topics should reflect your working paper or project in progress.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MAY 27, 2016.
If you meet criteria for participation and are among the first 40 to apply, you will receive a unique code to register for the workshop on the AOM website. A registration fee of 150.00 U.S. dollars will be charged to partially defray meal costs (dinner of Friday night; breakfast, lunch and snacks on Saturday), payable by debit or credit card to the Academy of Management.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please feel free to contact Ron Piccolo (email@example.com).
We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim!