The Organizational Behavior (OB) Division is soliciting nominations for FOUR student representatives to begin a term in June, 2016. These are new positions this year that will be for a minimum of two years.
Student representatives are non-voting members of the OB Division Executive Committee (EC). The intent of having student representatives is to involve students in supporting OB Division activities and to represent student interests to the EC.
Specifically, the types of activities expected of the student representatives are as follows:
- Assist the PDW Chairperson with support of the PDW program both before and during the pre-program annual Academy meeting. Students will be helped financially to allow them to attend the meeting for the additional days.
- Promote the OB Division during the PDW program.
- Assist the PDW coordinators with all components of the PDW presentations. Two students must be available Friday and Saturday August 5th and 6th.
- Assist with the OB Doctoral consortium and Junior Faculty Workshop as needed by the coordinators. 1 student must be available Friday and Saturday August 5th and 6th.
- Attend the OB reception at AOM meeting as well as a meeting of student reps run by an EC member at the AOM meeting.
- Help Program Chair as needed (e.g., with check-in of papers and symposia).
- Seek input from OB student members and represent student interests to the OB EC.
- Gather input from student members about issues of interest.
- Create and manage outreach efforts to student members of the Academy.
- Promote the OB Division to students to increase membership.
- Begin a new initiative to check OB information on Wikipedia for accuracy and completeness.
The selection guidelines for student representatives are as follows:
- The individual must have completed a minimum of 1 year of doctoral studies.
- The individual must NOT be graduating in the following year.
- The person serves a minimum of 2 years, and a maximum of 3 years.
- The OB Division has the desire to not have more than one student from a single university, and also to represent the broad interests of the division. We thus specifically seek students from a diversity of schools, from around the world.
- All students will report to a selected member of the Executive Committee for coordination of their activities and assignments.
The deadline for receipt of nominations and supporting materials is April 30, 2016. See below for instructions on how to submit your materials. A pdf version of these instructions is also available